Monday, February 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Day 26th Nov

I was to begin writing about my experience being maid of honor to my sister, but till today didn’t feel that spark to start. This is thanks to a very special friend of mine, whom I hope I can show to one day!
Now its 8 days for me to board my flight back home and I am sitting here in my apartment, listening to the news of Mumbai being under attack “Warzone Mumbai” the breaking news on NDTV. And truly I feel broken. Life must have a little more importance than this. The media is doing an awesome job of reporting the news-I know it better since I’m sitting here in the U.S. and know more than my parents back in Mumbai.
I am really excited about my sis’ wedding cause I know they’ve been the best of friends who know each other enough to make each other happy for more than a lifetime. Life is about living, and what better way to spend life than with someone you love. We’ve had an awesome childhood, where mom and dad gave us all they could and taught us well, to be responsible, to look out for others, to make the most of what we had and to leave a mark. It wasn’t what you did but how you felt after you did it.
Blossom was always my role model. I cannot remember whom I have fought with more often than her, but that I think is something that was essential for me to find myself. Anthony too, has been a good friend to me, non-presumptuous and very ready to listen whenever you needed sound advice. That is what will make them perfect for each other ‘cause he can replace me better than anyone else I know.

No comments: