Monday, February 23, 2009

Two days before departure - 2nd Dec

It feels very surreal at this moment, knowing that I’m goin home after such a long time. There is this huge excitement inside, for all those people I am going to meet after a long time, years it seems. There is also a tiny spec of fear, for going back to a place that may have become foreign to me, that may have changed so much that it may be difficult for me to adjust. But most intimidating is the untainted sense of happiness, to be reunited with my family, my doggies, my home, my life.
Life changes, it never leaves you behind. It takes you along and shows you new things but you carry the old with you always, with a hope to bring back that same joy that you once experienced with the simplest of things. Home to me equals no complications, where I can be myself, not have to wonder what anyone will think of some idiosyncrasies of mine.
So now I am ready to go home. To become part of what is my soul, to share in the joy of two very special people coming together for the rest of their lives. I thought for a very long time that marriage for my sister would mean a very sad thing for me. But now as it approaches, it seems like the most fantastic dream coming true, for a person to find in someone else the ultimate happiness, and the joy to make a lifetime of difference to the other. No one mature enough sees it as a lifetime of only happiness, but instead as an eternity of making another human feel unconditional love, and that is what truly amazes me.

No comments: